Oregano is one of the most potent and powerful essential oils and has been used for centuries in traditional practices. The primary chemical components of Oregano is carvacrol, a phenol that possesses antioxidant properties when ingested. Due to its high phenol content, caution should be taken when inhaling or diffusing Oregano; only one to two drops is needed. Additionally, Oregano should be diluted with a carrier oil when applied to the skin. One drop taken internally each day can help maintain healthy immune function; Oregano can be taken more frequently as needed to further support the immune system. In addition to being a popular cooking spice, Oregano also supports healthy digestion and respiratory function when taken internally. Oregano’s aroma acts as an enhancer and equalizer in essential oil blends.
- Chest colds! During cold season, my house smells like an italian restaurant because we all swear by oregano – just mix a couple of drops of oregano oil with a carrier oil like coconut and rub it on your chest
- You can also put 5 drops of oregano in a capsule and take it internally to help reduce the symptoms from colds and flus
- Did you know that oregano is a natural pesticide? Mix it with some water in a spray bottle and spray in your gardens to safely keep those insects away. I especially love it in my veggie gardens!
- Oregano is another great solution for reducing the pain from toothaches!
- Because oregano oil is what is called a “hot” oil, it works really well on plantars warts. If you have sensitive skin, try it first with a carrier oil like coconut
- Same thing goes for skin tags! Oregano works awesome in just a few applications. Put a drop or two on a Q-Tip and apply directly to the skin tag – repeat it every day until the skin tag falls off.
- Oregano is also awesome in the diffuser to help battle respiratory issues. A couple of drops in the diffuser is enough!
- Oregano oil is a must-have for women. Drinking ginger tea or chamomile tea with a couple of drops added can help to regulate menstrual cycles – Wait, there is more! Got cramps? Try mixing a few drops with a carrier oil and rubbing it directly on your lower abdomen.
- HAND SANITIZER! Yup, oregano oil is a great natural sanitizer. Just a drop on your palms and rub together! AND it’s a win/win….people will think you have spent the entire day cooking 😉